New Hampshire Governor John Lynch is running for reelection and is highlighting same-sex marriage as one of his accomplishments.
Just a few minutes ago, I filed to run for re-election as Governor of the State of New Hampshire.
I first ran for Governor to make a difference in the lives of people and to reform state government so that it was once again working for people. We’ve gotten a lot done, but we still have work to do.
We’ve weathered tough economic times together and we are moving forward – putting people back to work, helping our businesses grow and create new jobs, and expanding opportunity for all our citizens. I am running for re-election to make sure we get the job done.
The strength and innovation of our people means that New Hampshire will emerge even stronger than before. But I will not be satisfied until every New Hampshire citizen who wants a job can get a job.
I am counting on your help to make sure that we can continue to help the people of our great state. The stakes are high, and we are going to have work hard together over the next few months to ensure we can keep moving New Hampshire forward.
Please sign up today to help in any way you can: making a contribution, volunteering to make phone calls or go door-to-door, or putting up a lawn sign.
New Hampshire has fared better than most states through the recession. It has one of the lowest unemployment rates in the nation and economists predict New Hampshire will lead the region out of the recession.
Our plan for continued economic recovery keeps New Hampshire one of the most business-friendly states in the nation, with no sales or income tax. It uses tax credits and training grants to help businesses grow, puts unemployment funds to better use helping companies avoid layoffs and hire new workers; and encourages the growth of new technologies and new jobs here in New Hampshire, with initiatives such as the Green Launching Pad.
Together, we are making New Hampshire an even better place to live and work with comprehensive reforms across state government, including in education, public safety, health care, the environment and energy, consumer protection, transportation, and economic development, including:
* Enacted the first-ever ethics law for the executive branch.
* Implementing comprehensive reforms to state government to make it more efficient – eliminating outdated programs, boards and commissions; centralizing purchasing; putting services, such as drivers’ license renewals, online.
* Passed the toughest laws in the nation against child predators; an Online Child Safety Act to protect kids from exploitation; and reforms to the corrections system to more strictly monitor recently released inmates, reduce recidivism, improve public safety and save taxpayers money.
* Made kindergarten available to every child in every community in New Hampshire and created an innovative education plan that helped reduce New Hampshire’s high school dropout rate by 30 percent in just one year.
* Banned predatory lenders from New Hampshire, placed tough new regulations on mortgage companies, and cracked down on foreclosure scams.
* Developed a comprehensive energy plan that is helping businesses and families reduce their energy costs and spurring the development of renewable energy in the state.
* Implementing an economic development plan that is providing tax credits and training grants to help companies grow; helping companies avoid layoffs and making it easier for companies to hire new workers; and investing in initiatives such as the Green Launching Pad to spur the development of new technologies and new jobs in New Hampshire.
* Expanded support for children’s health insurance; created a more affordable health insurance alternative for small businesses; increased the ability of doctors to electronically prescribe medications; instituted a medical home pilot program to focus on prevention and reducing costs.
* Rebuilding New Hampshire’s long-neglected roads and bridges, including expanding the Spaulding Turnpike and Interstate 93, bringing open road tolling to Hampton, repairing dozens of red-listed bridges.
* Protected a woman’s right to choose.
* Ensured marriage equality for all of our citizens.
Because of our work together, New Hampshire has been named the safest state three years in a row; the best state in which to raise a child; and was recently named the most livable state in the nation.
We’ve accomplished all of this by bringing people together to focus on progress and solutions, instead of partisanship and gimmicks.
With your help, we will keep New Hampshire moving forward. Please give today to help support the campaign and sign up to help us move New Hampshire forward.