Dear Marriage Supporter,
The battle lines have been drawn. On one side, you have those who will not stop at an illegitimate redefinition of marriage who are now demanding passage of something they call the Equality Act — which, despite its name, absolutely takes away equality for people who hold religious convictions. It's really the Persecution of Americans Act.
The legislation being backed by homosexual activists gives them special legal rights and the ability to bring down the power of the federal government to investigate and punish any individual or group they claim is discriminating against them. Don't want to personally be involved in a gay ‘wedding'? Discrimination! Don't want your children and grandchildren taught in public school that same-sex unions are beautiful and normative? Discrimination! Don't believe that a man who "identifies" as a female is actually a woman? Discrimination! Don't want to have a biological male in the women's restroom or school showers? Discrimination!
On the other side is the National Organization for Marriage, fighting the homosexual agenda and working to protect the religious freedom of every American. Not only are we fighting against the grossly-misnamed ‘Equality Act' but we are pushing hard to achieve enactment of the First Amendment Defense Act which will prevent the government from discriminating against or punishing any individual, business, church or religious organization because of their support for true marriage.
Join with us now! Your contribution matters! This is truly a battle of historic magnitude — and we need your immediate support to uphold the truth. If we fail now we may never have another chance.
We must raise $100,000 by August 15. Only days remain to meet this goal. It is going to take a sacrifice by each of us to be successful. Please consider a generous contribution of $20, $50, $100 or $500 or more. Thankfully, some generous supporters have pledged $250,000 to match any gift for the next 30 days. That means your gift of $50 becomes $100 and your gift of $250 becomes $500. This is a tremendous opportunity to make an immediate impact!
But it matters so much more — to you and me, and to America. There is no price tag on our religious freedoms.
Let me recap for you what we are doing:
- Lobbying Congress to ensure the First Amendment Defense Act (FADA) is passed into law. We believe there are enough votes in both houses of Congress to pass this legislation, but political pressure could keep some elected officials from voting their convictions and the convictions of their constituents. We must remind them over and over again that the MAJORITY of Americans support the traditional definition of marriage.
- Working at the State level to introduce similar laws protecting religious freedom in all 50 states.
- Fighting against the agenda of the so-called "Equality Act," as it will empower activists on the left to target and punish every American, church and organization who stands for the truth of marriage as the union of one man and one woman.
- Asking presidential hopefuls to sign our pledge promising to take specific action as president to uphold marriage. This will help the country separate out the true champions from the pretenders — those who will actually act to restore marriage versus those who just talk the talk.
Add your support today! Make your best gift now!
Despite the Supreme Court's decision — which is totally illegitimate — we are convinced that this can be corrected if we take strong action now. That's why we are fiercely committed to the National Organization for Marriage's Five Point Plan to restore the historic definition of marriage. As a reminder, here's what our plan is pushing:
- Elect a pro-marriage President of the United States in 2016.
- Hold the Republican Party and its representatives accountable to the American people when it comes to marriage.
- Ensure Congress moves swiftly to pass the First Amendment Defense Act to prevent any government agency from discriminating against people or institutions that exercise their rights to hold a religious conviction that marriage is a union between one man and one woman.
- Build and strengthen a grassroots movement that is pro-marriage.
- Support politicians who engage in actions to amend the Constitution to repeal this illegitimate decision by a bare majority of justices.
Yes, we have a big agenda. No, it is not going to be easy. But it is possible — and more than that, it is essential! We cannot sit back and let the vocal minority strip away our religious freedoms and the moral underpinning of our nation.
We depend on you! Please give now!
NOM is leading, and will continue to lead, the fight on every front to restore the traditional view of marriage to America. We are the tireless force behind efforts to pass FADA and make sure our religious freedoms are preserved, and we are leading the fight to defeat the misnamed "equality" agenda of gay and lesbian activists. But we are only as strong as the people who stand with us.
I believe you are one of those men and women with the courage to stand with NOM and fight alongside us. Please show the strength of your conviction today by making a gift. Whatever you can give — $20, $50, $100, even $500 — will go straight into our battle for marriage, for religious freedom, and for America.
And don't forget that generous supporters have pledged $250,000 to match any gift for the next 30 days. That means your gift of $50 becomes $100 and your gift of $250 becomes $500. This is a tremendous opportunity to make an immediate impact!
Please show your love for America by helping protect the values our forefathers fought to secure. Give today, and let's work together to make tomorrow a better day in America — where religious freedom is still the law of the land.
We depend on you. The next generation depends on you and the future of the country depends on you. Please give now . . . and thank you in advance for your thoughtful support.
P.S. August 15 is fast approaching, and we must meet our goal of raising $100,000 by then so we can stay in the battle for marriage — and for America. If you ever wondered if your gift would make a difference, believe me — it is absolutely critical. Without your support, we will be weakened as we stand against powerful opponents of marriage and religious freedom. To achieve victory, I need your support.
Please make a gift today. And remember your gift will double in value thanks to the generous support of several donors who are passionate about restoring marriage in America and preserving our religious freedom!