Dear Marriage Supporter,
Many times we at NOM are asked by supporters what can one person do to stand for marriage or stand for religious freedom. With the March for Marriage around the corner in Washington DC, on April 25th that's one important thing you can do. But right now we have an opportunity to highlight to the business community the effects of attacking religious liberty.
Here's what you can do now.
As you know Angie's List has said that they are halting a $40 million expansion of their facility in Indiana to protest passage of the common sense religious liberty bill that simply gives people of faith their day in court to fight government from coercing them to participate in something they oppose on religious grounds. Angie's List thinks attacking the rights of Christians and other faiths is smart business. It's time for you to do four simple things that will take less than five minutes but will send a big message.
If you have an Angie's list account:
1. Sign into your account. Leave one last review on Angie's List of any company you like that makes clear that you are leaving Angie's List because they oppose religious freedom. Encourage everyone else to do this same.
2. At the right hand bottom corner of the page is a "Contact Us" button. Click that button. On the next page is a drop down menu under, "My Question is About" select "Membership Cancellation." Under subject write in "Cancel My Membership." Finally, write in the question box that you are cancelling Angie's List because of their efforts to oppose Religious Liberty legislation in Indiana. Ask that your account be canceled immediately.
3. Sign the petition here and make it clear that you have canceled your account, so we can keep track of how many people have cancelled. THIS IS CRITICAL.
4. Finally, ask all of you friends and family to do the same.
If you do not have an Angie's List account:
2. Ask all of your friends and family to do the same.
We have to make clear to big businesses that we will not be bullied, forced to let the government coerce our participation in something we find that violates our religious principles. We have a chance to show the power of people of faith working together. This is your chance to do something for religious liberty and marriage. Let's do this together!