FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: April 24, 2015
Contact: Paul Bothwell (703) 474-6142 [email protected]
Washington, DC — The National Organization for Marriage (NOM) today announced its lineup of speakers and special guests for the 2015 March for Marriage scheduled for this Saturday, April 25th, beginning at Third Street and the Capitol Reflecting Pool on the Washington Mall. The speakers and special guests reflect a heavy emphasis on communities of faith and include Papal Nuncio Archbishop Carlo Maria Vigano, the official representative of Pope Francis, Archbishop Joseph Kurtz, president of the US Conference of Catholic Bishops, and prominent leaders of the Church of God in Christ and various protestant Christian denominations, along with representatives of numerous pro-family organizations.
"The outpouring of support from the faith and pro-family communities has been amazing, and is a reflection of how important we see this opportunity to demand of the justices of the US Supreme Court that they respect our values and our votes in support of preserving marriage as the union of one man and one woman," said Brian Brown, president of NOM. "We are especially honored to welcome Pope Francis' representative who stands with leaders of other Christian denominations and pro-family organizations in support of marriage."
The March for Marriage, the third such march, is scheduled three days before the US Supreme Court is scheduled to hear oral arguments in a case that could preserve traditional marriage laws throughout the country, or impose same-sex 'marriage' in every state in the nation. Speakers and special guests attending the march include:
- Senator Reverend Ruben Diaz of New York
- Archbishop Carlo Maria Vigano, The Apostolic Nuncio of the Holy See to the United States of America and The Organization of American States
- Most Reverend Joseph E. Kurtz, Archbishop of Louisville and President of the US Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Most Reverend William E. Lori, Archbishop of Baltimore
- Most Reverend John Joseph McIntyre, Titular Bishop of Bononia and Auxiliary to the Archbishop of Philadelphia
- Rev. Jim Garlow, Senior Pastor of Skyline Church in San Diego, CA
- Reverend Brandon B. Porter, Prelate of the Tennessee Central Ecclesiastical Jurisdiction of the Church of God in Christ
- Josh Duggar, Executive Director of FRC Action
- Tom Minnery, President & CEO of CitizenLink
- Jennifer A. Marshall, Vice President for The Institute for Family, Community and Opportunity, The Heritage Foundation
- Reverend Bill Owens, Founder and President of the Coalition of African American Pastors
- Cathy Ruse, Family Research Council
- Mat Staver, Founder and Chairman, Liberty Counsel
- Carlos Luis Vargas Silva, Founder and President, Central Biblico Internacional
- Reverend Father Johannes Jacobse, Founder of the American Orthodox Institute and Pastor, Saint Peter Orthodox Church in Bonita Springs, FL
- John Eastman, Chairman of the National Organization for Marriage
- Brian Brown, President of the National Organization for Marriage
"We expect thousands of pro-marriage Americans, the largest crowd yet to attend a pro-marriage march, to come to Washington to show their support for traditional marriage," said Brian Brown. "We are honored that so many prominent leaders of faith and pro-family communities are lending their presence and prestige to the event. NOM is proud to march with each of them."
To schedule an interview with Brian Brown, please contact Paul Bothwell, [email protected], (703) 474-6142.