There's been an avalanche of news relating to the President's decision to stop defending DOMA. NOM has been on the front ranks responding and taking the next steps to defend marriage at this critical time. Here's a summary of our activities so far:
- AUDIO: Sean Hannity gives Maggie Gallagher and Brian Brown a shout out while reiterating why NOM's stance on DOMA is correct.
- VIDEO: Brian Brown dominates the DOMA debate with SSM activist Sean Eldridge on FoxNews.com
- Here is our urgent action alert - read it, take action, and ask five friends to do the same!
- Brian Brown has published an op-ed in the Washington Post
- He was also interviewed by ABCNews.com's TopLine - watch it here
- Maggie was interviewed by FOX News' Megyn Kelly - watch it here
- Maggie was also interviewed by CBS News, and called the DOMA decision a "shocking extra-constitutional power grab"
- Maggie and Brian are both quoted in this LSN article
Numerous organizations have issued statements condemning the decision:
- Republican Study Committee Chairman Jim Jordan
- US Bishops criticize Obama Administration's decision on DOMA
- Liberty Counsel Statement on DOMA
- ADF Statement on DOMA
- Here is NOM's first response to the DOMA decision
Here are some commentaries by top pundits:
- Megan Mcardle and Orin Kerr: "The Imperial Presidency"
- Committee for Justice's Curt Levy: Obama's DOMA outrage will backfire
- We write why the Obama Power Grab will backfire
- And we write at more length on this topic here
- 3 Heavyweights: Whelan, Bradley and Donovan on DOMA decision
- Here's a question: "Why the 5th Amendment?"
Please continue to check back here in the coming days as we continue to keep you up to speed on our efforts (and yours!) to defend DOMA!